OG Kush Auto! Struggles to complete Enclosure! [Part 2: Completion of Enclosure]
Part: 2 The Struggle gets REAL!
Welcome back for Part: 2 of the Saga of me building this first enclosure. The key word in this whole series is that this is the first enclosure, in this part we will get to completion and then in Part: 3 we will begin Vegetive phase in the enclosure. Like we went over in Part: 1 I was able to get the skeleton to the enclosure together, not the most conventional way but hey its up. I want to begin with having to get solar blankets up around the remaining 3 sides of the enclosure exposed to light escaping. Biggest obstacle we ran into is the right side of the skeleton that had no cross support from the wall to the 2x4 and with limited funds to begin with and the cost of wood, not happening 😂. Getting the walls up I started out using staples and it was going perfect, was a pain in the butt to have to maneuver around the light in the center but it had to be done the left wall was simple once it was stretched and stapled up. While finishing the back wall of the enclosure I ran out of stables Face Palm, now it was time to switch to the handy dandy duck tape it never fails 😂😂. Stretching the top of the front wall across from the wall to the 2x4 was a pain in butt just because it had no support either and couldn't stick to the heat duct. It took me about an hour to get that piece alone up. I realize I have been typing on and on so let me just throw in a picture of what came to be of the final project and I will get into more after you check it out.
One thing I forgot to mention in the items used list was a old not used shower rod, cheap just laying around and perfect for what I did! Right off the bat you could see where on the front wall it was I was saying had no cross support so to combat that I stretched it out as tight as possible and connected it with duck tape all the way across. This worked very well surprisingly lol go figure good ol' duct tape for the win! now those of you that are experienced growers are starting to likely see where I went wrong and or started to have my issues within the enclosure in down the road a bit in the series here. We really are only just finishing the enclosure next we will move into the vegetive stage in which as my first grow I have to scramble and make sure my babies don't have a melt down! To put the shower rod into play I tacked 2 nails on each side of the enclosure, and would lift the wall to water the plants and to be able to rotate as needed. One big worry I had was how dry the area was gonna get with the heater being in the same room, so I added a bowl with water to ensure that some humidity was inside, as well I had a small fan venting the enclosure. The biggest noticeable issue you have seen already is the positions and the distance the lights are from the plants. This was the number one issue and we will get into that more in the next part of my first grow series.
Look forward to [Part: 3 Vegetive Stage] in the coming days.