It Finally Happened: 100% Tax in dCity. What Have We Learned?
dCity Has Been Overtaken by Communists
We have finally reached the point were 100% (actually 100.9%) of our income is taken in taxes. We are now working 100% for the dCity overseers.
Disclaimer: I know that about 75% of this tax is a game mechanic - the other 25% is what is being stolen.
The worst is that even HIVE REWARDS are being taxed 70%. Because 100% of income is going to taxes, all cities are considered "0 income" and will experience an ADDITIONAL tax, the "Luxury Tax".
So 70% of our HIVE ranking rewards are also taxed 70%. What?
Not Complaining, No Really, Not Complaining
It's part of the game, it's a perfect storm. Because SIM was dumped yesterday, the price of SIM plummeted down to about 0.001 or so, raising the "Income Tax" to 74%. OUCH! But until the value of SIM increases, this cannot be helped, it's part of the game.
The "Art tax" and "Eco Tax" (which I usually like), must be turned off. We can't afford another 10% taken away, on top of 74%.
Normally, I like the "Eco tax" since it gives a SIM bonus for certain city resources, but right now, taxes must be MINIMAL Axe the Jobs Tax, useless right now. Basic TAX must be at 1% The income tax is already MEGA HIGH.
I Know dCity is a Game, But This May be a Glimpse into a Totalitarian Future
Yes, dCity is a game. But it's a glimpse into a future where taxes are not voluntarily given over, but are simply confiscated before it ever reaches your wallet. No manipulation required, just assign a tax rate, customized for you, and these funds are withheld - automatically.
The business doesn't have to do it, the worker doesn't have to do it. It just does not appear in your paycheck.
Of course that's already happening with Social Security, etc. But having everything done electronically, there is no recourse.
It's Not A Game Anymore When 100% of Wealth is Withheld
This exact scenario is possible with government UBI, if it's taxed mechanically like this. Yes, we may see people paying 100% tax from their UBI. Just as easily as they can give, they can take away.
And there is no recourse.
What We Have Learned From This
Every time a government issues high tax rates, there are usually ways to prosper a business through this tyranny. Governments can never require 100% taxes, even over 50% is very difficult to enforce - unless there is lots of fine points that exempt certain income or refund based on certain criteria. And in the end (believe it or not) taxes are voluntary compulsion. Meaning you are required to VOLUNTARILY hand over what is (believed to be) owed to the government.
Because the business possesses the money, there is no way to force it out of the business' hands, except through coercion and/or force.
Digital money will change all that. What's to stop tyranical governments from doing the same? It's not a game, this is survival!
Crypto Currency, where we are the bank, give possession (ownership) to the key holder. Digital currency will not be like that. It will be more like this game - and taxes and other "disasters" will be mechanical, with no recourse... unless you are carbon neutral. Or have the right social score. Or are up to date on vaccination. Or think the 'right way'. Or WORSHIP the 'right' way.
dCity doesn't require any of these - but seeing 100% of SIM and 70% of HIVE REWARDS taken away is a reminder that it is possible IN REAL LIFE.
Posted Using LeoFinance Beta