My entry in the 5 gallon challenge
Been a long road for this plant
The @canna-curate and Weedcash community has a 5 Gallon Challenge where you have to grow a cannabis plant in a 5 gallon container and see who gets the most yield from it. It is a pretty fun challenge and a great way to get some competition going between the members of the community.
These buds have been drying upside down over the past few days and they look awesome. I already had some buds from this plant that I have dried and started the curing process. The buds in the first image that are not on branches anymore are the first set of buds that I harvested and have begun curing.
The buds from the main cola weighed in at 9.43 grams. Not too shabby for one chunk of the harvest. Overall, the total I was able to get is 46.6 grams. It is actually about 5 grams more because I gave some of it to a friend for them to test out, but everything I have left of the plant is 46.6 grams.
This plant had a rough start the beginning, but it was one of the best plants I have had to learn with. It was my first plant that I had originally planted in a 3 gallon pot because I had read that a plant needs 1 gallon per month that it is going to be alive, but I didn't take into account that cannabis is such a fast growing plant and once it entered the flowering phase, it became root bound and I needed to transplant it to the 5 gallon container, which gave it plenty of room to grow into.
This is also the one that I snapped the stem when I was bending it. I learned some new techniques to properly bend the stems and branches, which have significantly increased the plants health and bud sizes.
Growing cannabis has become such a fun hobby and I have been learning so much from each grow that I have done. Over the past couple weeks, my wife and I were preparing to move and I threw out the Big Mac plants that I was growing because I would not be here long enough to finish them and crossing state lines with live cannabis plants probably isn't the greatest idea. Also trying to sell a home and show it to potential buyers with a full grow tent probably isn't the greatest idea either.
Well long story short, things did not work out for us to move quite yet, so I threw out the Big Mac plants for nothing. It is ok though because last night I started to germinate some new seeds that I will be planting. I have two Sour Kush and two Pineapple Express seeds that will be ready tomorrow.
I've also got some 5 gallon Air-Pots coming and they should be delivered tomorrow. I have begun a new technique of starting my seedlings in a small container, on a heating pad to increase root growth, and under a smaller light before I move them into my tent with the other plants. This worked very well for the Big Mac plants and they were all doing awesome before I got rid of them.
The Air-Pots are supposed to be amazing to grow in because they increase oxygen down into the roots. I've also got some Scrog netting that I will be using as well. I am really looking forward to these next plants because there are so many new things I will be trying with them. Hopefully the 46.6 grams that I got from this Bubblegum is going to be nothing compared to what my future grows are going to be.
Well, that will do it for this post. I am glad that this plant didn't die off because of the health issues it had. I can't wait to try this strain out in a couple months once it is further into the curing process. Thanks for stopping by, you are awesome.