Cannabis chronicles #24, trimming a Cannatonic clone

avatar

Hello, and welcome to my page!

As my regular readers know, I have 2 clones from my Cannatonic plant. Those 2 plants have been doing very well so far. They're somewhere between 4 and 5 feet tall right now. Because of the change of seasons, they've both decided to go into budding phase. They're still a deep green color, so they're still feeding the big fan leaves. They're just starting to lose their bottom leaves now.
This is 1 of the 2 plants.
DSCN2109.JPG

I decided to trim off all the big fan leaves while they are still green, so that I can dry them to use for tea. I brought the plant around to the back of the greenhouse to put it on a workbench to make it easier to deal with the leaves. I started trimming the one plant before I remembered to get a picture.
DSCN2115.JPG

I use the trays from my dehydrator to dry the leaves on, that seems to work really well.
DSCN2116.JPG

Some of the fan leaves are pretty big.
DSCN2119.JPG

This is the plant after it's haircut.
DSCN2117.JPG

There's probably more leaves that I could take off, but I didn't want to take off too many, I don't know what that would do to the plant.
I was checking all the leaves for bugs before I put them in the dryer trays, and I found some aphids and a few whiteflies that migrated from the tomato plants to the cannabis plants. I had assumes there would be a few bugs on the plants, so I wanted to get the fan leaves off the plant before spraying the plant. I didn't want the neem oil on the leaves that I'm drying, and the plant is easier to spray without the big fan leaves.

After the trimming was done, I sprayed the plant with neem oil mixture, trying to get the underside of the leaves as much as possible. I also sprayed the large cannabis plants again, and the tomato plants again. I also cut almost all the leaves off the tomato plants to get rid as much of the whitefly infestation as possible. This happens every year in the greenhouse, but it happened later this year, and I have a better idea of how to deal with them now. Hopefully I also have the spider mites under control on the cannabis plants. The buds on the big plants are still growing, so hopefully I'll still get a decent harvest.

That's all I have for this post, thanks for stopping by to check it out!

deep dreal cannabis 2.jpg

Adobe_Post_20190801_160304_1.gif
canna curate banner.jpg
banner2.png



0
0
0.000
7 comments
avatar

Congratulations @canna-amber! You have completed the following achievement on the Steem blockchain and have been rewarded with new badge(s) :

You published more than 10 posts. Your next target is to reach 20 posts.
You distributed more than 200 upvotes. Your next target is to reach 300 upvotes.

You can view your badges on your Steem Board and compare to others on the Steem Ranking
If you no longer want to receive notifications, reply to this comment with the word STOP

To support your work, I also upvoted your post!

Vote for @Steemitboard as a witness to get one more award and increased upvotes!
0
0
0.000
avatar

Healthy looking veg! :)
$trdo

0
0
0.000
avatar

Yes, I'm pretty happy with the way these plants are growing. I hope I can keep the bugs out of them.
Thanks for the trendo!

0
0
0.000
avatar

Id transplant them though at this point.

0
0
0.000
avatar

I'm not sure that would make any difference at this point, there's not much season left for the greenhouse, 2-3 weeks, maybe a bit more, and I have nowhere in the house to put them. In about a month, it will be to cold at night in the greenhouse to keep them alive.

0
0
0.000