Harvesting some dried cannabis buds
Hello, and welcome to my page!
It's been a while since I've written anything about my cannabis plants, probably about 3 months or so. I harvested the plants last fall and hung them in the greenhouse to dry when it started to get too cold for them. I wanted to harvest them before the frost killed them. The plants have been hanging upside down in the greenhouse since I harvested them. Since this was my first actual grow, I wasn't sure how long to leave them hang and dry before cutting the buds off the plants. I haven't been very ambitious about collecting the buds because it's been cold in the greenhouse, and I don't like doing stuff in the cold.
Since we've been having a warm spell for the past couple of weeks, it's been getting above freezing during the day lately. We had a partly sunny day a few days ago, so I went out to check on things in the greenhouse. The temperature was well above freezing in the greenhouse, so I decided to start cutting the buds off the plants.
This is what they looked like before I started on them. The big bundle of plants is the Cannatonic plants, and the small bundle is the Blue Dream plant.
I started on one section of the Cannatonic plant, cutting all the buds off the stem and then moving to the next stem. I was trying to trim the leaves off the stem before cutting the bud, so I wouldn't have to do it later. I discovered 2 things about the process, it's tedious work, and the buds are very sticky! I was using a disposable glove on the hand that was holding the busd as I cut them off the stem to keep from getting the sticky stuff all over my fingers. That stuff is hard to get off your skin!
I didn't get as far with my harvesting as I could have because tedious work drives me crazy after a while. Still, I did make some progress.
I got a decent amount of buds from that section of the stem, and I kept the dark leaves that I pulled off the buds as I was harvesting them.
I decided to put the buds into glass jars to store them, at least for now until I can figure out what I want to do with them. I also stuffed all the leaves that I kept into a jar. These are pint and a half jars.
I kept out the biggest buds of this batch to show them off before I put them in a jar. These buds aren't too bad. My camera won't focus properly for a really close up shot, so I can't show you a good close up of them.
Here's a look at some of the smaller buds in the jar.
This Cannatonic plant seems to be a highly resinous plant, and has a strong skunky aroma. You can smell it when you walk into the greenhouse. Since I can't smoke in the house, and I don't like the cold, I haven't tried it to see how it is now that it's fairly dry. Since it's supposed to be low in THC and high in CBD, I'm not sure what to expect from it. When we get another nice sunny day, I'll be going back out to do some more cutting, so I'll have to try it then and see what happens.
That's all I have for this post, thanks for stopping by to check it out!